The Magic of modern Body Armor is within its Plates. Second part of the Build videos for the “DiY Body Armor” series. Providing a detailed look at the home build armor plates.
First part of the Build videos for the “DiY Body Armor” series.
Providing a detailed look at the home build of a ballistic helmet.
Tobacco .. One of the things that will likely always be a good trading commodity..
Easy to grow, harvest and process…
Can be stored for a very long time ! A Quick Overview of Tobacco DiY
Tobacco – Grow your own
Security and Protection , the basic needs most humans strife for.
Not only for Home Defence but also for casual protection while backyard plinking..
Body Armor – DiY – From Casual to Blastsuit
Water, the essence of life ..
tho it also needs treatment before it can be put back into nature after we used it.
All OffGrid-Dwellers must maintain a sewage / septic solution .
A simple DIY Offgrid Three stage Septic with attached drain-field Project.
For more details, have a look at our “Septic Tank System DIY” Project.
Rotten Roof Beams or rotten/damaged wood in a house or cabin ?!?
A Issue where a lot of craftsmen simple call for a replacement and subsequent tons of work..
Check out a more simple solution in our latest video.
Berries.. Simple, Healthy, Tasty ! OffGrid and sustainable Food Production
Summer time means berry time. With a diverse range of aromatic berries, which taste just as good on their own as in juice or compote, on cakes or in desserts. In addition, the healthy and delicious berries provide numerous valuable ingredients. Because berries not only taste good, they also offer a high content of vitamins and minerals as well as plenty of dietary fiber , which promote intestinal activity and thus digestion. At the same time, berries have a variety of secondary plant substances that have antiviral, antioxidant , anti-inflammatory and blood pressure-regulating effects. Read here how healthy berries are and what effect the different varieties have.
Ingredients and healthy effects of berries
Berries are very low in calories, but due to their high fiber content, they quickly fill you up. The following table shows which vitamins, minerals and other ingredients are in the various berries for different types of berries. You can also find out more about the healthy effects of the berries in the list:
|strawberry||Vitamin C, flavonoids, salicylic acid, tannins,calcium,potassium, iron, folate||against diarrhea, stimulates the metabolism, against rheumatism and gout|
|raspberry||Vitamin C, Vitamin A , Rutin, Biotin, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Ellagic Acid||antipyretic, blood-cleansing, bone-building, support for gastrointestinal catarrhs, promotes digestion|
|gooseberry||Vitamin C, Silicon, Citric Acid, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Pectin||digestive, draining, strengthening for hair and nails|
|currant||Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Phosphorus, Citric Acid, Pectin||against rheumatism and gout, detoxifying, antibacterial, strengthens the immune system, diuretic|
|blueberry||Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Beta Carotene, Iron, Potassium, Sodium, Citric Acid, Pectin, Quercetin, Anthocyanins||anti-inflammatory, blood-forming, against diarrhea, stomach pain and bladder weakness, lowers blood pressure|
|cranberry||Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Beta Carotene, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Arbutin, Flavonoids, Pectin||digestive, cholesterol-lowering, against diarrhea, urinary tract infections, gout and rheumatism, antiviral, bactericidal and fungicidal active ingredients|
|blackberry||Iron, Calcium, Ellagic Acid, Vitamin A, Magnesium||detoxifying, anti-cancer, antihypertensive, good for skin and mucous membranes|
|elderberry||Anthocyanins, flavonoids, essential oils, tannins||Protective effect against diseases of the cardiovascular system, joints, eyes, skin and kidneys, tonic for feverish diseases, against rheumatism and gout|
|rose hip||vitamin C, pectin||Antioxidant, immune-enhancing, digestive, anti-inflammatory|
|rowan||Vitamin C, vitamin A, pectins, tannins, sorbitol||Beneficial for the stomach and intestines, antioxidant, digestive, anti-inflammatory|
|sea buckthorn||Quercetin, many times richer in vitamin C than citrus fruits||Fortification of various products with vitamin C, pharmaceutical use in skin damage caused by burns and sunburn|
Which berries are in season and when?
The following table shows the harvest times of various regional berries:
|strawberry||May to July|
|raspberry||May to August|
|gooseberry||July to August|
|currant||May to July|
|blueberry||June to August|
|blackberry||May to July|
|rose hip||September to October|
|rowan||August to October|
|sea buckthorn||from September|
Since the berries are very sensitive, gentle and rapid processing is important.
- Look out for plump fruits and dry, shiny skins, as the berries are very sensitive to pressure and quickly become moldy after injury. Some berries, such as ripe blueberries, have a whitish veil that serves as protection and is a sign of freshness.
- To clean, briefly dip the fruit in standing water and immediately drain on paper towels so they don’t soak up the water and become mushy or lose their flavor. The leaves and stems are best removed just before consumption.
- Store berries in a cool, dark place, for example in the cellar or in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator. The fresh berries will keep in the fridge for a day or two.
- Freeze berries properly In addition to their diverse uses, for example for juice, compote, muffins, fruit ice cream, berry crumble or as a cake topping, the berries can also be frozen well. At the same time, valuable vitamins are retained, so frozen berries are still healthy. However, due to their high water content, they often become mushy and stick together after thawing. This can be avoided if they are first frozen on the outside in individual layers (side by side on a board, in a flat dish or spread out on foil) and only then put together in a bag and frozen properly. And even if the berries aren’t as crunchy after thawing as they were after they were harvested: the delicious little fruits are always suitable for certain types of preparation such as fruit puree, jelly, jam, smoothies or milkshakes.
Most OffGrid-Dwellers and House-owners alike should maintenance their water system once a year.
Enjoy this simple Tutorial on Waterfilter maintenance and replacement. Enjoy your Day and make it count.
DiY Bug Out Vehicle – Convert any Car for OffGrid Survival !
- 12V solar charger , solar panel, small inverter, car fuses, connection cables
- 12V Cb radio + magnetic rooftop antenna
- USB Chargers for Phones/tables
- 2nd Car Battery
- 12v Gasoline pump
- 12V water pump with 2-3m hose and water filters
- Gas bottle + stove OR a simple Hobo Stove, 1 large pot
- GPS, (in phone or as a navigation system)
- Toolkit (car repairs), axe, knife, folding Shovel, zip ties, ductape, rope
- Store able Food: noodles, Rice, Cans, Water
- Sleeping Bag/blankets
- Soap / personal hygiene stuff ,
- 2 Sets of seasonal cloth
- Medicaments for a month
- Two Copies of all important documents
- for hot areas -> a 12V cooling box
- additional Fuel, 3-4 Canisters
- Spare tire, tire plug kit and a good air compressor
Ventilation is important , specially if it is more then one person in a vehicle. the humidity of 3-4 exhaling humans that sleep in a closed car can be enough to have condensation water run as little rivers inside on the windows. A simple vent fan can be the difference between a comfortable space and a sauna and/or humid freezer with temp shifts. Vent fans use power too- not much but some- so yet another reason to emphasize having more solar/battery capacity than you strictly need.
A simple solution for many vehicle owners to keep the battery happy, a easy,compact and cheap DIY Solar Project that is good to have around. Simple DIY Plug-In Solar Trickle Charger for Vehicles